In a recent interview with Concierge Medicine Radio, family physician Brian Forrest of Apex, North Carolina discusses his concierge practice (hat tip to Paul Hsieh). CMR summarizes the topics covered:
- The shockingly simple math behind how reducing overhead and eliminating collections allows primary care physicians to spend more time providing better care while improving their take home pay.
- How Brian kept his total operating expenses to $50k in the first year and how you can too.
- The rule of thumb Brian uses to make all his purchasing decisions.
- The two most effective forms of advertising for Brian’s direct pay practices.
- How to choose your billing software and Brian’s recommendations.
For more on this innovative approach to health care, see my interview with Dr. Josh Umbehr for the Objective Standard, or see a set of collected articles about Forrest. For regular updates about health care and health policy, see the Hsieh’s blog at Freedom and Individual Rights in Medicine.