It has been quite an election season. Following are my key articles about it in reverse order.
· You Might Be Outraged at Ted Cruz If . . .
· Should Liberty Advocates Support Gary Johnson for President?
· Donald Trump: Anti-Capitalist
· Donald Trump Would Be the Least-Qualified Person Ever to Be Elected President
· Why Liberty Advocates Should Join the Republican Party, Not Abandon It, Despite Trump
· Still, Never Trump
· Ted Cruz’s Remarkable Nod to the Separation of Church and State
· Trump, Cruz, and Freedom of Speech
· Republican Religion Undermines Capitalism
· Reason and Rights Republicans
· The Needed Political Realignment
· Ted Cruz Would Ban Abortion Even for Rape Victims
· Yes, Ted Cruz’s Policies Would Outlaw Some Forms of Birth Control
· Ted Cruz’s Dangerous Pandering to Theocrats
FDA Deserves Some Blame for Unnecessary Teeth Drilling
The FDA just last year approved a drill-free, brush-on treatment for cavities—a treatment that has been available for decades in Japan and that is similar to treatments used in the United States in the early 1900s. Due to rights-violating delays by government, countless people have had to have their teeth needlessly drilled. | Read More
Seeking Justice after the Racist Murders in Dallas
The article addresses the racist motives of the perpetrator of the Dallas murders, responsible and irresponsible rhetoric about police abuses, the real racism remaining within police departments, the statistics of fatal police shootings, the shockingly high rates of homicide involving black perpetrators and victims, and related matters. | Read More
Separation of Party and State
As I discussed on Jon Caldara’s Devil’s Advocate television show June 24, political parties are private organizations and should be treated as such. Government ought not help finance the process by which parties select candidates, nor regulate that process.
Following are my recent articles on the matter.
· An Open Letter to the Colorado Elections Study Group
· Get Government Out of Political Parties: How to Resolve the Primary-Caucus Debate
· Setting the Record Straight about Colorado’s Republican Caucus
Democratic Attorneys General Attack Exxon; Alex Epstein Replies
In the name of fighting “climate change,” several state ” attorneys general . . . abused their offices and violated citizens’ civil rights in the pursuit of politically-motivated witch hunts designed to publicly shame and financially drain their ideological adversaries.” | Read More
You Can Learn to Fight Back if Attacked
One thing the horrific murders at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando again make clear is that, when seconds count, police are usually minutes—or in this case hours—away. The simple fact is that the true “first responders” during an active shooter situation are—or could and should be—the intended victims. Even if you are unarmed, you can take action likely to substantially increase your odds of staying alive. In a 2015 article I discuss many of the key issues, and embed some useful videos. | Read More
Income Inequality Is Irrelevant—If We Have Liberty
Don Watkins and Yaron Brook—the team behind the 2013 book Free Market Revolution—do not take the common inequality narrative for granted. Instead, they challenge the notion that economic inequality in a free society is immoral, tackling the issue in the realms of philosophy, history, economics, and politics. The title of their new book indicates their thesis: Equal Is Unfair: America’s Misguided Fight against Income Inequality. | Read More