Others have told me that the problem arises from Blogger’s non-standard formatting. Regardless, I imagine that the whiz kids either at Blogger or at Facebook easily could fix the problem, if they’d attempt to do so.
Alternately, perhaps there’s something simple that I could do to fix the problem — though I’ve tried a variety of strategies, all without success. If somebody has a suggestion, please leave it in the comments.
Otherwise, I may have to undergo the serious hassle of switching over to Word Press.
[January 24, 2013 update: Obviously this post now appears on a WordPress site; I moved it here from the old site.]